Melissa Halverson, DNP, ARNP
Melissa attended the University of Iowa where she received her Bachelors in Nursing. She earned her Doctorate in Nursing at Rush University in Chicago, while working as a medical nurse at Rush. Working on a medical floor provided invaluable experience, caring for a wide variety of patients with multiple medical issues.
She previously was a nurse practitioner in Cardiology, and is honored to start at Iowa Digestive Disease Center as GI/Hepatology is her true passion. Melissa grew up in Des Moines and is happy to be back living in Iowa. Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with her family, friends, and her maltipoo puppy.
- Joined Iowa Digestive Disease Center: 2019
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice, Rush University in Chicago, IL, December 2016
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing, University of Iowa in Iowa City, IA, December 2008
- Board Certified in Adult-Gerontology
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Iowa Board of Nursing